Tuesday 15 September 2009

Katherine Jenkins Classic FM photoshoot by Belfast Photographer Steffan Hill


This was a great shoot, with an amazing woman. I first photographed Katherine in 2004, and this was the third time we had met. We had all day to do multiple setups in Teddington Studios, London. I arrived early to start the set up, and had different parts of the studio set up ready for her when she arrived. I think there was 5 separate areas to get as many different shots as possible. For the first shot we were very lucky to get a loan of a vintage Aston Martin DB5, exactly the same type of car that was used in Goldfinger, the James Bond film with Sean Connery. The stylist made her up to look more like she stepped right out of the 60's.


The second shot was a quick set up with my own Leica camera. Again we were keeping with the 60's theme. I managed to blag the silver background from one of the vacant studios next door. For the 3rd shot, I had visited a material shop in Clapham a few days before and bought some furry backdrops, including this pink one. You never know if an artist will agree to your ideas, but she seemed to like these. I used a ring flash as the light source, and we took some great shots, then I had a bit of a brain wave, the stylist had brought his dog along to the shoot, which admittedly annoyed me to begin with, but Katherine was so taken with it that I suggested she hold it for a few shots, and we just captured this fantastic spontaneous shot, which you could never plan in a million years...I love it!


This was my second cover of Katherine Jenkins for Classic FM.


No comments:

Post a Comment