Monday 21 September 2009

Simon Cowell photographed by Belfast Photographer Steffan Hill.

I must admit to being a little nervous when asked to photograph Simon Cowell, as he has such a fearsome reputation. This was a shot for the Daily Telegraph taken in the offices of Max Clifford. I forget now what the story was originally about, as he's never out of the news. In the end he turned out to be very friendly, a lot better than some people I have photographed. And much nicer than the snotty cow behind the reception desk when I arrived! Maybe it was because he was suffering from a killer hangover and it subdued him somewhat! Anyways he was a real gentleman with me. The options for photographing were not great, but I noticed that they had a small balcony, and we went out there for the shoot. The sky was not too bad, but I needed to burn it in a bit to make it really dramatic. It's amazing how successful this guys is, but if you've never seen his TV debut on 'Sale of the Century', then you're in for a treat :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-a7DYz-cs

I guess you have to start somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment